Spot Removal Steps
1. Act Quickly! Most carpeting that is available in Concord today has already been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spots and spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the you wait to take action, the higher the likelihood of a spill becoming a permanent stain on your carpets. Remember, that staining can be influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a white, absorbent, dry cloth or white paper toweling with no printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected location may cause pile distortion to the area. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until they are completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the solution will not damage the carpet fibers or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth onto the wet area for 10 seconds. Then examine the carpet and cloth for any color change, color transfer or damage to your carpet. If a change does occur, try selecting another cleaning solution to use.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to an absorbent, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub the affected area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Prestige Chem-Dry in Concord, NC today at (980) 255-8555 to order with your next carpet cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spot or spill, please call Prestige Chem-Dry in Concord, NC at (980) 255-8555 to see how our professionals can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice hotline.
- Carpet Care Tips
- Basic Rug Care
- Filtration Soiling
- Spot Removal Steps
- Urine Odor Removal Tips
- Wool Carpet Care Tips
$229 Whole House Carpet Cleaning$229 Prestige Chem-Dry will carpet clean up to seven areasCoupon Code, whole229Expires: Not good w/ other offers. Call for details. Add charge for stairs & areas over 250 sq. ft. Prestige Chem-Dry
Spot Removal Steps in Other NC Cities
- Mint Hill
- North Concord