Carpet Care Tips With Prestige Chem-Dry
3 Steps for Proper Carpet Care from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise. If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. Understanding the right way to clean your carpet will help you save time, by doing it correctly the first time; with carpet cleaning products that do the job right from the start. Not only will the Carpet and Rug Institutes Seal of Approval for your carpet cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great.
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum (ask your Charlotte carpet cleaner for recommendations) between carpet cleaning appointments.
- Clean up spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil more quickly. Soapy carpet cleaners may cause faster resoling.
- Professional deep carpet cleaning your carpets at least every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime. For premium carpet cleaning benefits, ask about our 6-month carpet cleaning programs.
Stop Dirt at the Door
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt in its tracks.
- Use mats : Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Take off your shoes : You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before entering your home.
- Change your air filters : Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet.