Area & Oriental Rug Cleaning With Prestige Chem-Dry
Old World Craftsmanship Combined with New Technology
Our five-step process employs the simple elements of air and water to deliver an extremely thorough, yet gentle cleaning. Though more time consuming, cleaning rugs by hand ensures that no stain is overlooked and a rug’s delicate construction isn’t placed under undue stress. This approach produces the most thorough cleaning for your treasured investment.
- Pre-Inspection: We inspect your rug thoroughly on both the front and back sides. We also test the dyes of your rug for colorfastness.
- Dust Removal: A wool rug can hold POUNDS of soil in its fibers. We use a variety of techniques to “dust” your rug. Gently beating the rug from the backside with specialized machines allows soils to drift downward and out of the rug.
- Submersion Bath: Rugs have been woven for thousands of years and have been washed for thousands as well. Your rug is washed using mild rug shampoos and cool water. We do not use hot water, harsh detergents or high heat.
- Drying: All of our rugs are laid out flat to dry. Air movers are used to help facilitate drying, and dehumidifiers help control the drying environment.
- Grooming: Finally, we detail the fringe and give your rug a final inspection. Then it’s rolled, wrapped in brown paper and ready for delivery.
Many Oriental rugs have white fringes and need that little extra detailing to make your rug look like new. We will hand clean the fringes of your oriental rugs using our area rug detailing cleaning systems.
Delicate rugs need to be cleaned with care and special care. Delicate rugs can be made with many different materials like wool, silk, cotton and more. Each material will hold the color dye in it in a different way. It very important to test the delicate rugs dyes prior to cleaning, to assure the rug dyes will not bleed during cleaning. The area rug cleaning professionals at Chem-Dry use green rug cleaning products on your delicate area rugs. The deep submersion area rug cleaning process that we use is very gentle on your rug and cleans the rug from top to bottom. Many carpet cleaners will offer area rug cleaning but it will only clean the top of your rug. By cleaning your rug with our deep submersion process you are ensuring that you are getting every fiber of your delicate rug clean.
Dura-Hold Rug Pads
A fine rug deserves a fine pad. In addition to holding the rug in place, pads act as shock absorbers that lessen the wear on your rug’s fibers. Ask about our custom fit Dura-Hold rug pads, the most recommended pad in the industry.
- Wonderful experience!! Very nice, professional, always on time! Did the BEST carpet cleaning we have ever had!!Danielle Smith
- They are knowledgable, reliable and do great work. Highly recommend!Kelly Taub
- Prestige Chemdry is the best. I’ve used them for several years and will continue to do so. Awesome folks!!Mary Hunt
- Excellent as always!!! Friendly, knowledgeable, fast and super quality! My 17 year old carpet looks new again. Best around!bessie woodie
- Clean carpetCarla Moyer
- Clean carpetDoris Chisholm
- Remove pet stains & odorsmatthew simmons
- Professional yet friendly! Quality service and work ethic. Been using them for decades.Sylvia Lee Shamun