Matthews Basic Rug Care
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs: If your rug is small and the label says “machine washable”, first shake the rug outside, then put it in the washing machine at the recommended temperature. Use warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Tumble dry low.
- Beating larger rugs: If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it. If the label says dry clean only, then roll it up and take it to a professional rug cleaner. Save time and aggravation by calling first to see if the cleaner does rug cleaning, many do not. Trust your rugs of all types with Prestige Chem-Dry‘s in Matthews, NC technicians who have been trained as an Area Rug Expert for off-site cleaning .
- Vacuuming area rugs: Area rugs with fringe require special technique. Use gentle suction and start from the center of the carpet, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful not to catch the strands in the beater bar. Lift the carpet edge to vacuum beneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs: Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Be gentle with fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need professionals. Call Prestige Chem-Dry of Matthews, NC at (980) 255-8555 to learn more about Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Matthews Carpet Care Tips
- Matthews Basic Rug Care
- Matthews Filtration Soiling
- Matthews Spot Removal Steps
- Matthews Urine Odor Removal Tips
- Matthews Wool Carpet Care Tips
$229 Whole House Carpet Cleaning$229 Prestige Chem-Dry will carpet clean up to seven areasCoupon Code, whole229Expires: Not good w/ other offers. Call for details. Add charge for stairs & areas over 250 sq. ft. Prestige Chem-Dry